There are up to four categories of data to add into Typing Agent: Schools, Teachers/School Admins, Classrooms, and Students. It is most efficient to add students last, so they can be directly assigned to Schools and Classrooms.
Students can be added in bulk with a CSV file (which can be automated), one at a time with a web form, or with automation through Clever.
Two additional options available to teachers and admins is to have students self-register, for admins to assign students to a school and have the teachers move them to their class.
CSV templates and details on the exact data required can be found under each roles section to add students (see below).
- District Admins can add students with a CSV by going to District Dashboard>Students tab, click ‘+ Student’, then Upload Student.
- School Admins can add students with a CSV by going to School Setup>Upload Students (can add to multiple teachers and classes at once), or by going into the Class and clicking ‘+ Students’, then Upload Students (for a single class).
- Teachers can add students with a CSV by going to Class Setup>Upload Students (for multiple classes at once), or by going into the Class and clicking ‘+ Students’, then Upload Students (for a single class).
Student data can automatically be kept up to date via a nightly script sending your SIS data to an FTP upload. This option must be requested by contacting Typing Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org or the in-app "?" button.
Once requested, we will create and provide you your SFTP login credentials and assist you in ensuring your data is formatted correctly. You will be responsible for creating the script that transfers the data from your SIS into our SFTP using the correct CSV template.
Students can be added one at a time using the built in webform.
- District Admins can add students one at a time by going to School Setup>Students tab, clicking ‘+ Student’, and “Single Student”.
- School Admins can add students one at a time by going into the class, clicking ‘+ Student’, and “Single Student”.
- Teachers can add students one at a time by going into the class, clicking ‘+ Student’, and “Single Student”.
Teachers and School Admins can enable self-registration by going into their class and clicking on the grayed-out icon of three people above the blue Action button. The Teacher will then provide the students the class code which will be displayed.
- Students will then go to your accounts unique login page and click on the Student Self-Registration button, where they’ll fill out the registration form.
If a district or school administrator has loaded the students into the program, but not assigned them to a class, a School Admin or Teacher can move the students to their class.
- The Teacher would click on the bell icon in the upper-right of the page, then select the Unassigned tile. Put a checkmark next to the students to move, click the Move button, and select the class.