There are up to four categories of data to add into Typing Agent: Schools, Teachers/Admins, Classrooms, and Students. Teachers & Admins Admins should be added second, after Schools.
They can be added in bulk with a CSV file, one at a time with a webform, with automation through Clever, or through self-registration. Both the CSV and web form entry methods include the ability to have Typing Agent email the Teachers and Admins being added their login credentials.
CSV templates and details on the exact data required can be found under the Update Your Staff.
Teachers, School Admins, and District Admins can be added one at a time by going to User Management, and clicking the + button on the bottom right corner.
To add staff via Clever, you must first request to sync with Typing Agent via your Clever Dashboard and be manually connected by Typing Agent. Once completed, your data will be synced from Clever based on your sharing rules.
- When staff is added via Clever, they need to be part of the data shared by Typing Agent by the rules you set up in Clever.
- The default expectation is that staff added this way will sign in by logging into their Clever dashboard and clicking the Typing Agent icon.
- If they’re logging directly from their Typing Agent login portal, they will need to use their Typing Agent username and password, not their Clever username and password. They can set a Typing Agent password by using the Forgot Password link from your login portal.
Teachers can self-register with the School Code provided by their Admin. Admins cannot self-register, though they could register as a teacher and another School Admin or District Admin could update their profile to School or District Admin.
To enable this, an admin will go to Admin Dashboard>School Management>District/School Portal and check the box for "Allow Teacher Sign Up".
- District Admins will find their list of school codes under Admin Dashboard>School Management>Schools.
- School Admins will see their school's code appear below "Allow Teacher Sign Up" checkbox once selected.
- Teachers will then go to your accounts unique login page and click on the Teacher Self-Registration button.
If you have a different method you'd like to sync data with, please let us know by clicking the note icon in the bottom right of this (or any) article!