You've decided that it's time to upgrade your district or school to the newest, most updated version of Typing Agent. This is a wise decision to make, especially if you have:
- Students with physical learning challenges who can benefit from our ADA Accommodation Features
- Classes of more than one grade level
- Classes of more than one skill level
- You just want the freshest and most modern keyboarding and technology program for you and your students.
Upgrading to Typing Agent 5.0 is very easy! There is no cost to use the latest version and you will not have to replace any student, class, school or staff data unless you opt not to transfer it.
Step 1: From inside your Classic Dashboard: Click the "Upgrade" button
In the upper right-hand corner of your classic dashboard, you will see the orange “Upgrade” button. This will prompt the upgrade menu.
NOTE: The upgrade to Typing Agent 5.0 can only be done by the master account holder. If you do not see the “Upgrade” button, rather, a button that says “Upgrade Information”, you will need to contact your master account holder to perform the upgrade.
Step 2: Choose Specific Steps
You’ll need to verify whether or not you’re uploading students via ADSM (Nightly SFTP upload), as well as send a password reset prompt to all your staff. Every account will need to reset their password upon logging in to Typing Agent 5 for the first time. If you don't send this e-mail, your staff will not be able to login and will need to reset their password.
You will also need to change your own password - enter this in the "Master Account Password" field.
Step 3: Select Data To Migrate
You’ll be given the option to migrate all of your accounts and information (or none of it) to Typing Agent 5. This is very important, especially if you’re doing this after the start of the school year and before the end of it.
Here are some possible scenarios you may consider with each option:
- Master Account Only: If you are planning to further sync your district with Clever, ClassLink or Google Classroom, you may want to only reset your own account and leave the rest of the data behind.
- Schools, Teachers, Classrooms, Students: If you are upgrading during the middle of the year or have the same school setups, you may want to migrate all data so as to not have to re-enter any students or staff.
- Schools, Teachers, Classrooms: This may be a good option if you are choosing to upgrade before a new school year begins so that you do not carry any of the previous year's data over.
- Students Only: This is only recommended for major changes in which staff, classrooms and schools are no longer valid and only the student accounts and the master accounts will be transferred to Typing Agent 5.
You should see these changes take effect immediately after performing the upgrade.
Step 5: Logging In
Your school or district domain will now point to Typing Agent 5 and is now much more convenient! Now, instead of navigating to “https://classic.typingagent.com” and typing in your domain (which you can still do to access the Classic version whenever you need to) you will login with your new URL and it will look like this:
https://<your domain here>.typingagent.com
Log in with your username and your new password.
Congrats! You’ve upgraded to our newest and best version of Typing Agent.