Clever Help Article.
Connecting your district rostering data with Typing Agent through Clever allows you to sync all your schools, classes, staff, students and enrollments through the Clever rostering service.
When you are ready to share your data and connect with Tying Agent please do the following steps.
1. Make sure you have a valid Typing Agent account setup. If you already have a Typing Agent Trial or Paid account you can continue on to step 3. If you haven't set one up yet, set up your Typing Agent Demo as a district first using this link: https://app.typingagent.com/register/district
2. After you have set up your Typing Agent District Demo Account, your next step is to send a request for a free Trial to your Account Rep listed within your district portal.
To see who to contact, click the dropdown next to your profile picture and select "Account" and your account rep name will display. You can also reach out to our support team at: email@example.com and we can assist you.
3. Within the Clever portal search for and approve the Typing Agent application Icon.
Typing Agent will get notification that you have requested this. However, to ensure you get connected and have the right licensing for your rostering, it is advisable to be in contact with your Typing Agent account rep. This information can be found under your Typing Agent District > Account link by clicking on your name in the top right of the portal.
Once Typing Agent receives the request we are going to check the following on your account.
- Does your account have existing users?
- Does your account have the right number of licenses allocated?
- If you have current users, do the usernames match or are they different?
- Do you have current data in the system and how will that affect your users?
Clever Data for Rostering users:
Users in Clever have an optional field called credentials.district_username that typing Agent uses to roster the username of the students and school admins and teachers. This field is required if you want to use other SSO methods or match existing usernames that may already be in Tying Agent
The best way to ensure success with Clever is to make sure that the credentials.district_username in Clever match the users in Typing Agent.
Steps that we will proceed with:
1. Soft delete all your current Schools, Classes, Staff and Students
2. Roster the Schools, Classes into Typing Agent as you have in Clever Data
3. Pull in and try to match staff and students usernames and associate the Clever account with those existing users
4. Roster the staff and students as per your enrollments
After this is done it is important to make sure that you have enabled the Clever SSO function in your district portal to work with your OAuth authentication from Clever.
From your District Portal click on School Management > District Portal
Log in Clever must be selected to enable OAuth Sign in from Clever.
Option to add School Admins
We have found that some districts need to have teachers rostered through Clever but also need those teachers to be school admins.
We have added the ability from the district portal to add District and School Admins through CSV (Comma separated files) .
The only concern is that the usernames do NOT match the usernames in Clever so they can be persistent in the system and not overwritten when a sync occurs.
Typing Agent will run a nightly Cron Job on our server that will pull the data into Typing Agent that has been updated in your Clever Rostering Data. This should take place around Midnight PST each night.
If for some reason, the data is not in sync you can request a manual sync from us by using the chat function from inside the program or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Performing this manual sync should allow your data to immediately sync to match your Clever data. (Depending on the size of your sync, this could take up to 24 hours to process.)
NOTE: Typing Agent allows alternative SSO such as MS SSO or Google SSO however we only match the usernames to these SSO methods and not the email address.
Please note: Typing Agent does not pull over students email addresses with your data sync only the usernames.